The Camera Working Group (WG) is focused on platform-independent developer APIs for cameras, and for remote control of camera and gimbal. APIs under investigation currently include:
- Remote Camera and Gimbal Control APIs
- Video Streaming APIs
- C/C++ developer camera APIs (FPV, Snapshot, Recording, Optic Flow, and Stereo)
Check out our accomplishments and challenges for March 2017 below, along with our plans for April.
- MAVLINK Camera and Gimbal API improvements were merged (Julian Oes):
- Optic Flow support for Bebop was merged:
- Qualcomm Technologies Inc provided links to the platform independent Camera APIs used in Snapdragon Flight, for consideration and comment from TSC and Camera WG (the APIs are already public):
- There is a sample app using the API on Github:
- Waiting for feedback on the proposed C++ Camera API.
- HW Availability for Snapdragon Flight Stereo Camera.
- Issues with PX4 Optic Flow on Snapdragon Flight
- uORB issues blocking (should now be resolved).
- Intel Aero and Snapdragon flight Optic Flow integration with PX4 currently not working.
- Code availability for Intel Aero video API.
Plan for next month
- Continue working on Optic Flow support in PX4.
- Continue working on VISLAM support for PX4.
- Review feedback on Camera API.
Additional Information for working with Camera and Video
- Intel’s work on video streaming with GStreamer:
- Camera Streaming custom MAVLink message (discuss.ardupilot.org)
- Snapdragon Flight supports video streaming via live555:
- Note that the use of GStreamer or live555 should not be exposed to the final video streaming API. The API should be agnostic to the underlying implementation.
- Camera information for Snapdragon Flight is in Chapter 4 of:
- Optical Flow on the Snapdragon Flight:
- Information on the Intel Aero Vision Kit is at: