Come meet us at Robo Universe, San Diego Dec 14-16, 2015
- Date: Wednesday, December 16, 2015
- Venue: San Diego Convention Center
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Country: USA
- URL: http://www.robouniverse.com/san-diego/2015/
- Exhibit Hall Hours: Tuesday, December 15: 10:00 am – 7:30 pm | Wednesday, December 16: 10:00 am – 3:15 pm
Tutorial Session: (1-3pm, December 14th) , lead by Craig J. Elder, Community Technical Manager, Dronecode
The Dronecode Platform – Getting Started with Layers in the Stack of Open Source Projects for Drones Dronecode is an open source, collaborative project that brings together existing and future open-source drone projects under a nonprofit structure governed by the Linux Foundation. More than 1,200 developers are working on Dronecode with more than 150 code commits a day on some projects. Now YOU can get involved and learn about the excitement around Dronecode development opportunities.
In this workshop, you’ll learn about open source projects that control flight, enable mission planning, and otherwise make drone flight and advanced functionality possible.
This platform has been adopted by many of the organizations on the forefront of drone technology, including 3DRobotics, Parrot, Qualcomm, Intel, DroneDeploy, Yuneec, Walkera, and others.
In this workshop you’ll learn about:
- Getting started with Dronecode. What it is, Why it’s important and How to get involved with projects.
- Comms and APIs: DroneKit by 3DR, ROS by OSRF and DroneKit SDK
- Flight Code
- Coding Compatible Ground Control Stations
- Firmware and Open Hardware Options
- Supported Simulation Environments including JMavSim, SITL, ROS Gazebo Simulator and more.
Dronecode has established itself as one of the most advanced flight control platforms available today. This workshop will allow you to get started with the dronecode movement.