Greater collaboration leveraging open source development best practices and standardized protocols, such as MAVLink, will significantly accelerate real, deployable solutions for the UAV industry at large. Next generation drone applications need to be agile, reliable and offer flexibility to adapt to ever evolving requirements in the industry. Driven by a need to address challenges faced by the UAV community, Dronecode has established itself as one of the most advanced flight control platforms available today.
Dronecode encompasses open source projects that control flight, enable mission planning, and otherwise make drone flight and advanced functionality possible. Development is done at the project level with coordination and resource allocation performed by the Technical Steering Committee (TSC) and the Board. From a high level view, the Dronecode platform could be described as an application ecosystem within the various layers of the stack.
The result of the project is a common, shared open source platform for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). The platform has been adopted by many of the organizations on the forefront of drone technology, including 3DRobotics, Parrot, Qualcomm, Intel, DroneDeploy, Yuneec, Walkera, and others.
Looking for the source code? Dronecode is made up of several projects and repositories.
- PX4 https://github.com/PX4
- Pixhawk https://github.com/
- MAVLink https://github.com/
- UAVCAN https://github.com/uavcan
- DroneKit https://github.com/dronekit
- ROS https://github.com/ros
- Complete Repository List https://github.com/Dronecode/_Repository-List
Looking to the horizon, with your active engagement Dronecode could potentially look to support these and other priorities:
- Advanced precision landing capabilities
- On-board HD video streaming support.
- Optical flow and GPS denied navigation
- Standardized vision processing
- Obstacle detection and avoidance (LIDAR, IR/thermal)
- Out-of-the-box Search and Rescue capabilities
The Dronecode Project is ever evolving based on the contributions of its developer community. Want to Join Us in defining the commercial drone ecosystem! Become a member.