The Safety Working Group is currently seeking a Dronecode system-based FAA waiver for operations beyond those permitted under the regular Part 107 rules. This application can then be the foundation of a process for certifying Dronecode-based UAVs.
- Draft application (waiver) written
- Candidate systems and use cases identified; companies are reviewing
- Testing data and processes documented and statistics gathered
- Interfacing with internal regulatory teams at Dronecode member companies is slow
Plan for next month
- Select candidate platform/operator for application
- Submit to FAA Pathfinder Office for review/feedback