For full details see QGroundControl Release 3.2.0 (Github)
This is a significant release. A high level view of the changes is provided below (more detailed release note can be found here).
- File Save path – Specify a save path for all files used by QGC.
- Telemetry log auto-save – Telemetry logs are now automatically saved without prompting.
- AutoLoad Plans – Used to automatically load a Plan onto a vehicle when it first connects.
- RTK GPS – Specify the Survey in accuracy and Minimum observation duration.
- ArduPilot only
- Pre-Flight Barometer and Airspeed calibration – Now supported
- Copy RC Trims – Now supported
- ArduPilot only
- Plan files – Missions are now saved as .plan files which include the mission, geo-fence and rally points.
- Plan Toolbar – New toolbar which shows you mission statistics and Upload button.
- Mission Start – Allows you to specify values such as flight speed and camera settings to start the mission with.
- New Waypoint features – Adjust heading and flight speed for each waypoint as well as camera settings.
- Visual Gimbal direction – Gimbal direction is shown on waypoint indicators.
- Pattern tool – Allows you to add complex patterns to a mission.
- Fixed Wing Landing (new)
- Survey (many new features)
- Fixed Wing Landing Pattern – Adds a landing pattern for fixed wings to your mission.
- Survey – New features
- Take Images in Turnarounds – Specify whether to take images through entire survey or just within each transect segment.
- Hover and Capture – Stop vehicle at each image location and take photo.
- Refly at 90 degree offset – Add additional pattern at 90 degree offset to original so get better image coverage.
- Entry location – Specify entry point for survey.
- Polygon editing – Simple on screen mechanism to drag, resize, add/remove points. Much better touch support.
- Arm/Disarm – Available from toolbar.
- Guided Actions – New action toolbar on the left. Supports:
- Start Mission
- Resume Mission – after battery change
- Change Altitude
- Land Abort
- Set Waypoint
- Goto Location
- Remove mission after vehicle lands – Prompt to remove mission from vehicle after landing.
- Flight Time – Flight time is shown in instrument panel.
- Multi-Vehicle View – Better control of multiple vehicles.
Analyze View – New
- Log Download – Moved to Analyze view from menu
- Mavlink Console – NSH shell access
Support for third-party customized QGroundControl
- Standard QGC supports multiple firmware types and multiple vehicle types. There is now support in QGC which allows a third-party to create their own custom version of QGC which is targeted specifically to their custom vehicle. They can then release their own version of QGC with their vehicle.