MAVSDK is the new name for the Dronecode SDK (formerly “DroneCore”), the project is now under the MAVLink project umbrella.
The MAVSDK project is a standards-compliant MAVLink Library with APIs for commonly used programming languages like C++, Swift, and Python. It’s the easiest way to integrate with drones over MAVLink, trusted by leading organizations in the industry.
MAVSDK consolidates the project identity
The project has seen tremendous growth since inception and has now reached the point where it needs its own identity, separate from Dronecode. The maintainer team and the PX4 community stands behind the move and will continue supporting the project. The rename and new home are meant to bring MAVLink adopting communities closer.
The project is made possible thanks to adopting organizations who trust it to deploy products/services and contribute to the codebase.
Learn how you can contribute
While the project is ready to be used in production today, the maintainer team has a vision for the project and its sustainable growth. MAVSDK is actively being used to develop drone solutions by organizations like yours. Learn how you can engage with the maintainer team and get started with MAVSDK below:
- Download the latest release.
- Get the source from GitHub.
- Post questions on the official MAVSDK Forum.
- Reach out to the dev team on the PX4 Slack #mavsdk channel.
- Learn how to use it and check out the possibilities on the developer guide.
- Watch Jonas Vautherin discuss the roadmap during the 2019 PX4 Developer Summit in Zürich.
- Read more on the RFC process behind the rename/transfer.