The TSC Working Groups provide brief summary updates here. More detailed monthly status updates may be found in the Dronecode blog here.
- Presented the results of our platform user survey. These will help us understand what Dronecode members and the community are looking for from the project.
- Presented a proposal for Dronecode and projects branding suggesting many interesting ideas and logo improvements.
- Still looking at better using dronecode website analytics and integrating with the PX4 site analytics.
- The SDK WG has selected DroneLink (working name) as the basis for the new SDK.
- The code should be made available very shortly.
- Cloud and Mobile APIs are the current focus.
- Supported language bindings are being discussed.
Code Quality WG
- Held first Code Quality WG meeting and decided to meet bi-weekly.
- Outlined objectives of the WG for new participants.
- Testing needed.
- Design patterns for drivers.
- How to stage code that hasn’t yet received broad in-flight testing.
- Getting/producing unit tests for submitted code.
- CQWG tag in Github is now available.
- A github project will be set up for Code Quality WG for issue management
- Will be working on setting up docker container for last 2 versions of ROS for testing missions.
- Met with FAA representative to get input on requirements for compliance and discussed how to possibly make it easier for Dronecode adopters to certify their solutions.
Camera API WG
- Decided to use XML vs JSON. Did not want to deal with code in JSON for constraint management and security issues.
- Prototyping continues, image capture supported so far. Video support is next.
- Managing HW constraints is still TBD. Seems like a separate schema to overlay collections of cameras that share an ISP would be needed.
- Discussed requirements for testing the new features. Extending the existing camera simulator seems like the best approach.
- Discussion at:
- Video Stream discovery over MAVLink:
- A PR for integration of Fast-RTPS and Fast-CDR support is now pending.
- The CI images need to be updated with fastrtpsgen support.
- A Visual Inertial Odometry (VIO) example using Fast-RTPS is being developed.
- No update.