The SDK WG has made significant progress this month:
- DroneCore gRPC bindings moving forward for multiple language support:
- Follow Me Plugin has been added
- Added a script for document generation: https://github.com/dronecore/DroneCore/pull/166
- Support for Debian/Ubuntu package generation has been added:
- gRPC bindings for Java
- Enable Flexible Plugin architecture:
Note: First major release for DroneCore is planned to align with PX 1.8 release (March 2018).
- Camera control protocol changes have now been documented. Updates may be required following user feedback.
- Common Camera Module for SITL & Drones:
- Video Streaming
- MAVLink messages for video streaming have been on hold. Now that camera control message documentation is complete we plan to restart work on the video messages.
- Intel are working on an example of Optical Flow running with FastRTPS on the Intel Aero.
- Initial discussion with eProsima about integrating PX4 with Micro-ROS.
- Progress continues with the FAA on the Partnership for Safety MOU. We hope to finish it in time for it to be announced at CES on Jan 10th.
- Once the partnership is in place, the process of coordinating the various federal stakeholders to gain certification for the Dronecode stack will accelerate.
- new mission test framework with Dronecore
- add code coverage
- work with PX4 Firmware component leads to expand testing coverage
- run tests under sanitizers (address sanitizer, thread sanitizer)
- incorporate hardware testing (HIL)
Group activities has been suspended until WG participants have more time available to contribute.