The TSC Working Groups provide brief summary updates here. More detailed monthly status updates may be found in the Dronecode blog here.
The group have suspended activities temporarily while the main participants are occupied with other commitments.
The SDK WG has made significant progress this month:
- The Dronecode core MAVLink library has been named “DroneCore”. The Github repository is here: https://github.com/dronecore/DroneCore
- The team evaluated a number of tools for creating language bindings:
- SWIG did not provide all the bindings required and had some complexities that would make it hard to implement and maintain.
- gRPC is still be evaluated. A positive initial review (it supports the required language bindings and has many other useful features) means that it is highly likely to be selected.
Code Quality WG
Progress in Code Quality is being made on several fronts:
- Rewrite of the Commander module
- Code coverage using gcov
- Architectural redesign for modularity, decoupling, and extensibility.
Camera API WG
Lots of active discussion and continued progress toward getting camera capabilities and setting camera parameters, and video stream discovery.
- Discussion at:
- Video Stream discovery over MAVLink:
- Support for RTPS was merged into PX4 and is supported on POSIX targets.
- NuttX targets use a UART bridge that multiplexes the MAVLink messages and the RTPS topics and this is working with Intel Aero and the SITL build.
- Documentation can be found here: https://dev.px4.io/en/middleware/micrortps.html
- The main Messaging WG contributors at eProsima were away for vacation so not a lot of other progress has been made.
- Dronecode has been asked to join the FAA’s Greetings UAS Safety Team and has accepted.
- Progress continues on an Intel BVLOS application using Dronecode with Airmap extensions.