Members contribute to Dronecode platform development, enable their products to work with the platform (either hardware platforms or software add-ons), and influence priorities and allocation of resources.
Board members help define the overall direction of Dronecode, while being on the TSC (or a TSC Working Group) provides significant influence over specific technologies and resource allocation. All members are kept informed about developments in the UAV space, and are visibly part of the Dronecode project.
Other opportunities granted by membership are listed below:
- Contribute and influence the direction of the Dronecode software and hardware eco-system through Working Groups, technical contributions, and earning committer status.
- Create products and applications and be secure in the knowledge that they will be interoperable in future roadmaps.
- Attend member-only networking events, where you can interact with market leading partners, like 3D Robotics, Yuneec, Qualcomm, and Intel.
- Access to the technical leadership of the various Dronecode development efforts from PX4 to QGroundControl.
- Opportunity to contribute strategic definitions of services that are key to optimizing your product experiences.
- Highlight your company at key industry events, website and project marketing collateral.
- Be included in press releases and strategic Dronecode media outreach.
- Network with other members of the community.
Note: Membership gains you influence, not direct control over developer resource. Companies that want specific functionality can either fund the individual projects or develop and contribute needed code themselves.